On Campus - Institute for Security Governance
UPCOMING RESIDENT COURSES
Our multilateral resident courses range from 2-6 weeks in length and are primarily conducted at ISG headquarters in Monterey, California. Delivered in adult learning style, our unique offerings feature lectures, breakout groups, interactive exercises, and student-led presentations. The courses closest to execution are featured on this page in detail. Click the document at right to see a listing of all upcoming offerings.
Special note: ISG will deliver FY2021 offerings via "pipeline," which is defined as multiple, related ISG offerings delivered back-to-back preceded by a mandatory, two-week quarantine period (PCOVID9) for all international arrivals. Participants are required to arrive on the designated date, proceed to quarantine according to US government guidelines, and attend all courses listed within a specific pipeline.
Please return to this page often, as offerings are subject to change given evolving COVID19 guidance.
Strategies & Capabilities for Cyber Challenges
11 Jun - 23 July 2021
PCOVID9: 11 - 25 Jun 2021Arrival of Participants + Restriction of Movement
P179898: 28 Jun – 23 Jul 2021Strategies & Capabilities for Cyber Challenges
- Cyber attack trends, vectors, vulnerabilities, and risks
- Cyber conflict concepts, elements, laws, and regimes
- Disinformation, aggression, and resilience
- Security plans, frameworks, and controls
- Network architectures, technical methods, data analytics, and emerging innovations
- Commercial sector, civil agency, and military department cooperation mechanisms
Responding to Terrorism & Threats to Maritime Security
09 July - 20 Aug 2021
PCOVID9: 09 - 23 Jul 2021Arrival of Participants + Restriction of Movement
P179018: 26 Jul – 06 Aug 2021Civil-Military Responses to Terrorism
- Case study: Mumbai bombing
- Measures of effectiveness (MoE)
- Intelligence and combating terrorism (CbT)
- Tnteragency decision making
- Terrorism, insurgency, and organized crime
- Terrorist networks
P179548: 09 - 20 Aug 2021Civil-Military Approaches to Maritime Security
- Traditional and emerging maritime threats
- A risk assessment exercise on prioritizing maritime security threats
- Maritime governance self-assessment tools
- Building maritime domain awareness capabilities to enhance operational effectiveness
- Preventing and responding to maritime disasters
- Maritime search and rescue
We offer other professional development opportunities to the security cooperation community such as networking events, open lectures, and workshops. These offerings will be posted here as they develop.
No events scheduled due to active shelter-in-place orders. Keep visiting this page for rescheduling details and for information on possible virtual opportunities!