Students 2 - Institute for Security Governance
While You Are Here
While you are here
On campus and the area
Policies & Services
Cashless PolicyThe NPS campus is a cashless facility. You will only be able to pay for goods and services with a credit card, Apple and Google pay.
- MSW - This includes campus wide dining.
Smoking PolicyNPS is generally a non-smoking facility with a few designated areas for smoking. You can read the complete policy here.
Religious ServicesThere are a variety of religious services offered on or near the NPS campus. You can view some of the services here.
- Cafe Del Monte - Located in the Academic Quadrangle next to Dudley Knox Library.
- El Prado Dining Room - Located on the ground floor of Herrmann Hall.
- Starbucks - Located in the Dudley Knox Library.
- Trident Room - Located on the ground floor of Herrmann Hall.
- Dudley Knox Library - Located at 411 Dyer Road.
- Fitness Center - Located at 1650 Lake Del Monte Drive.
- NEX - Campus shopette for quick snacks. Located at 1650 Lake Del Monte Drive building no 303.
- Post Office - Located at 151 North St.
- Recreaation - The Morale Welfare & Recreation/Information Tickets & Tours (MWR/ITT) Office is located on the first floor of Herrmann Hall
- MST (Monterey-Salinas Transit) - This is Monterey's option for public transit via bus, and there is a stop right outside of the main gate to NPS on Sloat Avenue (please note that you will then have to continue on foot to your hotel). MST's main hub is in downtown Monterey at the Monterey Transit Plaza. To find a preceise route on the website, click "plan a trip," and enter your start address and destination address. You can view a full schedule here
- Ridesharing Apps (i.e: Uber, Lyft, etc). - These require a cell phone with a data plan and a credit card to operate. Drivers cannot enter NPS campus, but will drop you at the main gate to NPS on Sloat Avenue (please note that you will then have to continue on foot to your hotel).
- Yellow Cab Taxi Service - This is a private cab service that has been granted access to travel both to and within the NPS campus. You can ask your driver to drop you and your baggage directly at the campus hotel entrance. Most rides from NPS within the city of Monterey will cost about $10-$15 USD. You can call Yellow Cab Taxi Service at 831-333-1234